Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF filter design tips???

Status
Not open for further replies.

1icarus1

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I would like to design an RF notch filter for allowing or not a TV channel's signal in a TV tuner. I have found some smd (1206 package) inductors (nH) from TAYO YUDEN company and I would like to use them.

I dont't have any experience in the RF design. So, is there anything I have to know or carefull about. I mean any tips???

Thank you all.

Use an external filter with helical notch externally because if you implement this filter with conventional SMD components ( at especially higher frequencies) the bandwidth of the filter will be relatively large due to low Q factor of the components that you intend to to use.So that, this large band will also attenuate adjacent channels which are maybe desired to receive.

A channel notch filter should have very sharp bandwidth edges and high quality factored components.

This is not very easy to implement with SMD components..

Where we can find design information and formula of Helical filters(BPF,Notch)?do you have this formula? can u upload them?I need it too much.

Message is unavailable.

I saw that page, Is there any new links or better pdf about helical and cavity filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back