Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF filter design, freq 60 GHz, looking for any info

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicita

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rogers rf filter

Hi,
can someone help me with some helpful information about rf filter design? the frequency that I need to use is 60 GHz. I know that the are some good books, as Mathei - Microwave filters,Impedance matching and coupling structures, but I need something that come directly from people that had experiences in this topic!!
I would like to know some practical advantages and drawbacks related to the design of such filters!!
Thanks a lot!!

RF filter design

Hi

I have designed some rf filters with maximum frequency of 2.5 GHz. What is the type of your desired filter?
What is your technology?

RF filter design

Hi,

you mean active filter design or you mean microstrip filter design.

please clarify.

regards

RF filter design

Hi Amrsfmt,

You're right I wasn't clear, I mean microstrip filter.

RF filter design

The best I can tell you can check the Pozar's book.
"Microwave Engineering".

You can use HFSS for analysis or go directly to Ansoft Designer for design.

You can check https://www.emtalk.com/tutorials.htm

Another thing you need to do search for substrate materials. Since you are targeting a very high frequency you might need to get a low loss substrate.

I'm also interested in the same topic so if you can share your knowledge this would be great.

regards

Re: RF filter design

AT 60 GHz, you cannot use standard FR-4 (too lossy). Also, microstrip is not the way to go at such high frequencies. You should consider coplanar waveguide structures. Most on-chip T-lines at 60GHz are coplanar stripline structures. A good reference for on-chip transmission lines is: "On-chip interconnect for mm-wave applications using an all-copper technology and wavelength reduction" by John Long (ISSCC paper)

Hi nicita,

You can refer to this book. A very good reference:
Filters for rf/microwave applications : M. J. lancaster

Also, I would like to request if someone can post this paper. "On-chip interconnect for mm-wave applications using an all-copper technology and wavelength reduction" by John Long (ISSCC paper) "

Thanks

Nice Paper.

RF filter design

It should be the book "Microstrip Filters for RF/Microwave Applications.' which you can download from internet for freee. Very good book

Hi

attach below a few papers that are talk about filter design (rf & microwave)

David

i need to design microstript filter also...can anyone help???any good book/article/website???thx a lot

Hi Ddavid,

Can you give me information about writer of the book which you uploaded?

Also, nicita, if you are designing a filter for 60 GHz frequency, it is not rf filter. Frquencies more than 30 GHz fall in the millimeter range and advantage of such design is that you can devlop a mulchip modules which can have a very compact design. Especially, it is useful in radio engineering field. These kind of designs can simplify overall topology.

Thanks

Added after 1 minutes:

for microstrip filter good book is of

"lancaster" "filters for rf/microwave applications"

Thanks

hello kpcheah
u can use the book as

"microstrip filters for rf/microwave applications" by "lancaster"

but for what frequencies u want to design depending on that u have to select the type of filter.

I also Study filter,but I have not enoughresource.

RF filter design

At 60 Ghz, you can only use rogers for substrate which is restricted in many countries. whats the application of your filter ? in radar?

Status
Not open for further replies.