Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Design Engineer salary questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MI3talk

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rf design engineer salary

would like to know what is the salary range for MSEE with 1 yrs of industry experience and close to 2 yrs of intern experience in Hillsboro, Oregon.

With this experience, what do you think of the Job title? Electrical Engineer I, Electrical Engineer II, or EE III?

I found out that Intel is paying the most, but will the nearby semiconductor firms competitive with Intel? or they will be some percentage lower?
I have looked on salary.com, engineersalary.com, and indeed.com, and I'm not sure which source is more accurate in terms of salary cal.

Thanks!

rf design salary

I think salary.com and other sites will give some average numbers. Then you need to consider some additional factors. For example you have 1 year experience of PLL design and this is exactly what perspective employer needs (this is often case because they filter the resumes). Your chances are higher. Or perspective boss like you after an interview. Very good if you publish some paper(s) that related to the company filed or interesting by any other way. I know cases when such factors gave extra 15-20K. Its all depends on you.

whats design engineer in arabic

Hi,

In my case, I don't have any publish paper, so I am kind of curious about if 2 yrs of intern could substitute into real industry experience as indicate on those job requirements. I heard sometimes company do not consider intern as real world experience, instead they think it just a plus thing for individual who have better chance for interviews. I have found that some company likes to ask about a fix range of salary requirement at the end of interview, and some don't. For example, RFMD, Analog Devices, & TI tend not to ask for verbal conversation.
Thanks for the information!

intel engineer salary oregon

Yes, this is right. But I think that in such case a lot will depend on what you really can do, what company needs right now. When I interview candidates I first of all try to determine how he is thinking, is he able to analyze, how well he is familiar with the theory and what practical experience he has. If there is not so much experience, but he is smart and thinking right it is good candidate. He will synchronize with team quickly and acquire experience fast. You need to be very careful, listen carefully what is asking and answer right. It is helpful to have examples of previous work (if it is okay from IP point of view). For example you did some system calculations with simple Excel worksheet. Take it with you and when interviewer asks demonstrate ability to use this tool. Do not bring other people work, it is easy to see did you work with this tool before or not. Remember: you are selling yourself.

Big good companies usually do not ask about salary before some point and usually HR do it. At least it was my experience with Motorola and RFMD. Try to answer that it is a bit early to discuss the salary, but if they will insist tell the true. It may be like this: I had 80 in my previous company but now I want 90. Be ready to explain why you think you deserve increase.

And of course you need some luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back