Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Design Engineer looking for a job

Status
Not open for further replies.

khouly

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

I have just finshed my master study , my field if RF and Microwave Circuit Design.
i am Looking for a job now . In Egypt or abroad it is Ok with me

if u want to check about my technical level , search for my name in RF and Microwave Fourm

thanks all

Khouly

this is a cellular engineering and RF plannning , i am RF circuit Design Engineer

khouly

Mr. RF-OM what do u do ?
are u really in a position to help or guide people looking for RF oriented job?

Dear RF-OM
Can you please tell me what do you mean by "Do you have rights to work in US? "
I did not get this.

So how to get that?
According to my knowledge you will get permission/VISA only when you get offer letter from a company in US.
And company arranges for the VISA.
Is there any other method for getting right to work in US?
Please let me know

no...there's nothing else for foreigners...when you are accepted by a company they give you a work permit and help you getting the visa...!!

or maybe you can apply for a green card...then you'll be an american and you won't have problems in working there :)

You can apply for green card. but you must stay there for 5 years atleast.
:)

yah i know...
that's why i was saying you have no other direct way than getting the work permit...

khouly said:
Hi all

I have just finshed my master study , my field if RF and Microwave Circuit Design.
i am Looking for a job now . In Egypt or abroad it is Ok with me

if u want to check about my technical level , search for my name in RF and Microwave Fourm

thanks all

Khouly

Hi Khouly,
Hi all;

I think that the better way to find a job is to taget one or two companies. I mean that you have to search for the companies that are looking for Engineers having your profile and Skills and choose one or two among them. Then you have to collect some informations on these companies. If it happen that you dont have some Skills/knowledge demanded try to do a self trainings and read some papers/books. When you get ready, visit their official website and in the job area, upload your CV.
Doing So, you have a very great chance to succed. Coz the company found the Engineer that she was looking for.

Another method that I don't appreciate too much is to register and upload your CV in job-websites. I know many friends that went to France, UK and USA thanks to these websites.

Check these links:

www.monster.com
www.cadremploi.fr
www.cadresonline.com

I can talk only about US. The best starting point is to place your CV or resume on Monster.com In US usually engineers use resume and PhD use CV. Next step is to find the company which will be agree to provide visa support. It can be done with the help of head hunters and searching monster.com, dice.com, etc. Many companies are looking for good RF engineers and because here in US we have shortage of them it s possible to find such company who will support visa process.

A better job-search site (IMHO) is "indeed.com". They gather-up jobs from all the other sites, and put them in a search-able database with links. You can make your search location specific if you want. To get a work visa in the US is almost impossible-- there are only so many of these allocated each year, and they are gone on the first day they are made available. The US is *not* the only market out there for your new skills-- the EU might be a better bet right now, as the US is in a major economic downturn, and it may not recover for years...

yeah there is a shortage everywhere in RF in general but in the case of the US do the comapnies leave the MIT , Berkeely , UCLA graduates and look for someone coming from Egypt

i have applied in many US companies and didn't get any interview

i wish things chages coz i have now my M.Sc in RF and Microwave Design

i will keep searching

Khouly

To khouly,

My own experience with US companies shows that I got an interview for about every 15th sent resume. I consider this as a good rate. 1 from 25th will be good too. My resume is good after many years of polishing it and I have 45 years of experience and multiple engineering degrees, patents and publications, so probably such a rate is not surprise. A lot depend on the quality of resume. Just one example. One of my previous employer needed a couple of engineers. Their place ad in local newspaper and received about 800 resumes in the first week. Front desk girl was assigned to make the first selection and she did it simply by looking on the envelopes. If envelope was nice and clean she leave it, if not put it into trashcan. More then half of envelopes were thrown away. Then she open envelopes and saw the resumes. If it nice and clean she leave it otherwise put into trashcan. Finally she chose about 80 resumes and gave them to the engineer who looked at them. This guy leave only those where he found clear information about professional, what he or she can do and what did in the past. He let only 10 resumes go to the HR. About 8 of them were invited for interview and two were hired. In this case 8 people were interviewed from 800, which is about 1%.

Regarding visa I know a lot of people who got it. Of course it is not easy process, but possible. In my company today more then half of engineers were hired with visa support. US engineers are minority in many companies. Our RF department even speaks another language almost all the time.

this is very good rate. i am trying to adjust my resume as much as i can. and we will see

thanks RF-OM

Khouly

Hi Khouly
I agree with RF-OM
Even I got my job after 50 interviews :)
Patience is the key now a days.
best of luck khouly
Abhishekabs

RF-OM said:
I can talk only about US. The best starting point is to place your CV or resume on Monster.com In US usually engineers use resume and PhD use CV.

What is the difference between a resume and a CV ?
What are the chances for a PhD to find a job in USA ? In fact I heared that few of Phd are Hired there.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.