Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Decision Conundrum

Status
Not open for further replies.

safetyfirst

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm working on a project that involves coupling panels too a precision fit, that float between two risers, and ride support columns.

I need a transceiver that handles the following requirements.

Take into account that some of the constraints are obviously exaggerated i.e. (weight and size). I'm just trying to keep options open.

1. Low power consumption (x<100mA)
2. Constant relay communication between multiple chips.
3. Size constraint within (6"x6"x4") That's the work room.
4. Weight (x ≤ 1lb) It'll be mounted securely, so weight isn't a deciding factor.
5. Range (0-∞m) close range preferred.
6. Precision range communication (1mm-5mm) deviation of accuracy acceptable.
7. Price $(0-300)ea.
8. Compliant with a variety of setups.

P.S. Prior research I conducted established the nanoLOC TRX Transceiver as a primary choice as it fills the most requirements.

do you only want to know the range, or is there data transfer too? Sounds like a custom design, the nanolock only has 10 cm resolution and who knows what accuracy.

Last edited:

The distance won't be more than 8m and the data transfer wont exceed 1.5Mbps. Practically every transceiver are enabled with enough range and data bandwidth for the project. The complication is the precision of the signal. I need the transceiver to be accurate within 1-5mm at different speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back