Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Dc Rectifier

opi

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I am a newbie in RF circuits.

I am using cadence virtuoso in a project of energy harvesting. I need to build a RF to DC converter from matching nerwork. I have to calculate the efficiency of the converter. How should I do it? I have tested my matching network, it provides 915 MHz, which is perfect. I have attached my circuit, is this okay? And what analysis should I do to calculate the efficiency? My efficiency should be more than 60%.

1684468151111.png

The circuit can't have two GND symbols. Either RF input or DC output can be grounded.
--- Updated ---

Your "matching network" is simply a 50 ohm real impedance at 919 MHz. That's not what we expect to achieve maximum power delivery to the load.

Last edited:
The circuit can't have two GND symbols. Either RF input or DC output can be grounded.
--- Updated ---

Your "matching network" is simply a 50 ohm real impedance at 919 MHz. That's not what we expect to achieve maximum power delivery to the load.
Okay, then what should be the resistance value? I have corrected the ground issue. And what type of analysis should I do to get efficiency? PSS?

The matching circuit should match source to rectifier impedance. You don't want to generate artificial losses, thus it's build of reactive (L and C) components only.

You have to measure the Large Signal Input Impedance otherwise Small Signal simple Impedance will mislead you.
Because Input Power is relatively high compare to small signal circuits.

Here you can find all the efficiency equations you are looking for:

As you see in Fig.3 and Fig.4, the fundamental schematic of the detector is different than yours. I think yours is wrong.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back