Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rf communication between pic16f877a

Status
Not open for further replies.

areeckal

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to set up RF communication between two PIC 16f877a.
Tx pin of PIC is connected to my transmitter and Rx pin to my receiver. That much I know. And I need to frame the packet such that no error is there.
I need to send irrigation data(ie, when irrigation starts a bit is sent and when irrigation stops another bit is sent).
How to proceed with programming? I am using CCS compiler and MPLAB. Is there any built-in functions?

hint
1)jerk tone long enough to stabilize AGC in RX
2)syncro bit
3)data
4)control sum

Reactions: jaycec

jaycec

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
control(check) sum(have different names in different sources, but working same) is for check success of receiveing data, because you have wireless channel, where could be some interferences

Reactions: jaycec

jaycec

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Today i transmitted characters through rf module,i am not saying my method is error free but it may give you a hint to proceed.
my method was
step1:send character 'A' 40 times without any delay(jerk tone)
step2:send character 'G' five times witha a delay of 20ms between each transmission(sync byte)
step3:step actual data byte
the receiver waits for 'G' and 'G' stream to complete, if the number of 'G' arived is more than 3,the byte that followed 'G' stream is taken as data byte,I repeat my method is not completely error free but you can get some hint to improve
ALL THE BEST

Is there any usart header available for 16F877A?

Status
Not open for further replies.