Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF communication between pic16f877a and PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1nja

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can I directly connect max232 Tx pin to transmitter and receive the data at pic end using a receiver,or I need a Pic at PC end also.

can I directly connect max232 Tx pin to transmitter and receive the data at pic end using a receiver,or I need a Pic at PC end also.

To establish communications from a PIC to a PC using the RS-232 PORT on PC.

You must correctly connect a MAX232 to the PIC, then the RS-232 TX, RX and GND Pins can be connected to an RS-232 cable or to the PC RS-232 PORT.

PIC RS232

BigDog

Reactions: FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
To establish communications from a PIC to a PC using the RS-232 PORT on PC.

You must correctly connect a MAX232 to the PIC, then the RS-232 TX, RX and GND Pins can be connected to an RS-232 cable or to the PC RS-232 PORT.

PIC RS232

BigDog

I just want a one way communication from pc to pic,not the other way.I want to transmit data from pc serial port to a pic wirelessly.can this be achieved without using a pic on pc end.

I just want a one way communication from pc to pic,not the other way.I want to transmit data from pc serial port to a pic wirelessly.can this be achieved without using a pic on pc end.

Yes, but you still have to use the MAX232 transceiver on the PIC end, you cannot attach the PIC pins directly to a RS-232 Port. If you just want to receive data from the PC to PIC you only need to connect the one line and GND.

BigDog

Reactions: FvM

FvM

I want to transmit data from pc serial port to a pic wirelessly
What kind of RF transmitter do you plan to use? You can attach RF tx to you PC port over a MAX232 cct as well. You can send commands to RF device from a PC terminal tool (like hyperterminal etc.)

Reactions: N1nja

N1nja

What kind of RF transmitter do you plan to use?

Emresel,

Brings up a good point. What type of RF TX/RX modules do you plan to use in your design?

You may only need a MAX232 between the TX module and the PC.

Most TX/RX modules have TTL I/O and do not require a MAX232 when connecting to a microcontroller.

BigDog

Reactions: N1nja and FvM

FvM

N1nja

What kind of RF transmitter do you plan to use? You can attach RF tx to you PC port over a MAX232 cct as well. You can send commands to RF device from a PC terminal tool (like hyperterminal etc.)

Thanks for replying.I was asking this only.will give it a try.Thanks again

---------- Post added at 12:02 ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 ----------

Emresel,

Brings up a good point. What type of RF TX/RX modules do you plan to use in your design?

You may only need a MAX232 between the TX module and the PC.

Most TX/RX modules have TTL I/O and do not require a MAX232 when connecting to a microcontroller.

BigDog

This solves the problem of using two pic microcontrollers.Thanks for reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back