Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF CMOS design model at 2.4 Ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunlee

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm doing a project, which is design RF CMOS Modules.

May i know which model for RF CMOS design at 2.4GHz will give more accurate result? BSIM or EKV model? or others model?

Thanks.

Re: RF Modeling

BSIM3V3.3 is good!

As a matte of fact, the big problem you may face is not what you want but what you can have ...

Yes, BSIM3v3.3 is good, however, few foundries are ready to provide. :(

Thanks.

As I know, the Id equation for CMOS MOSFET in the BSIM3 modeling, it has a symbol VA in the equation. Actually, where i can find the value for VA? (VA is early voltage)

RF Modeling

BSIM3V3 model for noise is poor, gate induced noise is not considered in the model, but BSIM4 will be added the gate induced noise model

RF modeling of the MOS transistor is a complicated issue
the bsim3v3 model is not RF model
RF model must include substarete network , which contain 4 dioodes : these diodes model the source drain junctions in high frequncy also the substarte network include 4 resistors , these elements must be caluculated and added to the BSIM3v3 model , to get the RF model
some models consider NQS resistance of the channel , and gate resistence
and in ver high frequency some models calculate gate inductance

check this presentation it may be helpfull
khouly

Thanks to khouly and lordfire.

I have 2 questions here.

BSIM3V3 model for noise is poor, gate induced noise is not considered in the model, but BSIM4 will be added the gate induced noise model

I also heard BSIM4 model before. However the software i using now is T-spice. Is that software can use for simulation? If not, which software can use for simulation?

Mosis provide BSIM4 spice parameter for their CMOS process or not?

Thanks...

there are many softwares
@DS , $pecter , H$pice

about mosis contact them and ask for BSIM4 models

khouly

ok, thanks. But i still don't know where i can get the value for Va (early voltage)? is that any formula to find Va?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back