Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF bridge functionality ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

koontlim

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm using the RF bridge to combine 2 signal source for TOI measurement. Anyhow, would like to know is there any others alternative way to combine 2 signal source with a good isolate btw 2 port. Need help !!!

Use an isolator on each signal source. That will give > 20 dB isolation.
Then combine with a reactive combiner such as a wilkinson and that will give another 10-20 db isolation.

koontlim

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi

You can use single AM (DSB-SC) modulated source to have two tone

Regards

For TOI measurement, to combine 2 signal source, we have a lot of choices (Rf bridge, directional coupler) but most important is the accuracy for the measurement. I think the key spec to be consider are:

Key spec to be consider:
- directivity
- SWR
- coupling factor
- transmission loss
- input power

My concern is will this spec have a lot of influence at low freq such as 100 kHz - 300 kHz? What if we don't have good isolation from 100kHz - 300 kHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back