Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rf (1GHz) power transmitter problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

roronoa

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rf transmitter problem

Hi everyone,i have a project which involve harvesting Rf(1Ghz) energy then convert it into usable Dc. the dc should be 5V 350mA.

My problem now is the transmitter in the lab only produces 3dbm,Is this transmitter possible to act as the transmitter which im goin to use since 3dbm is only 2mW?

If not ,cant anyone tell me how to contruct a rf transmitter which can transmit output power around 3W since the system need 1.75 watt.

thanks for replying.

rf transmitter problem

You may want to check first, which frequency bands are provided for transmitting higher power RF by your local regulations. 2.45 GHz may be a promising candidate.

Re: rf transmitter problem

its a experiment project ,can i just built 1 RF transmitter ?or can i use the 3dbm transmitter in lab?

rf transmitter problem

RF legal regulations have to be kept with experimental setups as well, unless you are working in a shielded room. (Of course, scientists don't always care about).

A lab RF generator can be used with a power amplifier.

a power amplifier, isit a special power amplifier that is use for RF?any recommendation on how to come out with the power amplifier circuit?thx for replying.

rf transmitter problem

You need special antennas to transmit in a narrow beam and receive in that narrow beam.
Or the power will go in a sphere and you will receive only a tiny amount of it.

im using a yagi antenna for the transmitter

rf transmitter problem

It sounds unlikely to achieve > 50% efficiency as you stated above.

anyway to increase the efficiency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back