Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

reverse polarity protection curcuit for 12 Volt

Status
Not open for further replies.

eem2am

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
battery reversed

hello,

i designed reverse polarity protection curcuit for 12 Volt lead acid battery on charger...

rig0mv.jpg

do you think it would work?

i think if reverse connection was done......the circuit would have two voltages fighting to control the output voltage and i dont know which would win ?

battery reversed

Looks good - I can not find anything wrong with that approach.
Q3 should by my account handle the reverse polarized situation.

Re: battery reversed

It is really a nice concept. But when the battery is wrongly connected, there is no need to charge the battery in tricke mode either. Instead the battrey should be completely cutoff from the charger and the user should be warned about the wrong polarity. This simple circuit attched here will do the same with minumum component count.

Here's a maxim application note on the subject of battery reverse polarity protection in a charger: **broken link removed**

P.S. Yes, I realize that this is a 3 year old thread. But in this case, I think that piling information into it is not a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.