Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Reverse Enngeniring

Hi
I am using ATmega8 in my project.
I have no option for other uc/up.
But i have a ATmega8 which is all ready programmed for my project. and i will have to made it 20 copy.
I tried to read this IC with help of pony programmer and i burn it in another IC but the new one can not run successfully like the master ic. and when i read the master ic the program reaches up to 8704 byte (21f0h). so i cant understand the problem.
is it of pony prog. or program space of ATmega8?.
I have already read another ic (ATmega16) and burn it another same type another IC it works properly but the program was small compere to present program.

so i cant understand problem

so reply me your suggestion and also tell me about reverse engineering tools, disassembler (which converts hex code to asm or c).

Thanks

Re: Reverse Enngeniring

If it's your project you will also have the source files or the hex file output from the assembler/compiler.
So there's no need to read a programmed chip. Maybe the security bits are set and you'll never read the correct code.
This is just a counteraction to prevent copying others intellectual property

Re: Reverse Enngeniring

this is project was developed in our center before i joined this center. now we have only 7 copy is available in our lab and we required this instrument more 20 copy and we lose our previous data
Thats why i need reverse Ennegeniring

Thanks

Reactions: Hans37

Hans37

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.