Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reverberation Chamber Simulation in ANSYS HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alien447

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working on a Reverberation Chamber (RC) simulation in ANSYS HFSS. I am trying to simulate the theoretical effect of the RC, i.e., the fields are well-stirred and uniform power everywhere inside a specified region of interest. I am not interested in simulating the actual RC, nothing is moving, just the EM effect. So, I am writing this post to listen to your experiences with this type of simulations in HFSS. How do you define the excitation in this scenario? How do you take measurements in this case? Most likely, I need to measure quantities like S21, so how to define the ports, ... etc.
My current idea is to introduce plane waves from all spherical directions just to mimic the theoretical concept. Of course, this requires repeating the simulation over and over again for each incident plane wave direction. And I have to define finite number of plane waves. Does this sound practical?

Please, feel free to suggest alternative methods or software to tackle this problem more efficiently and accurately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back