Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

return loss bridge, more about construction, how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
return loss bridge schematic

Is a 'standard' weathstone bridge

toroid-line is a balun to make possible measure unbalance between each 'leg' in bridge width extern unbalanced detectors/reciver/RSSI-circurit...

size, quality and frequency range on toroids in balun make limits on usable bandwith on bridge. - i think in your example PDF:s using high frequency toroids inside big outer toroids working for lower frequency to make bridge working between 1 MHz - 1 GHz range - resistive bridge itself can going from DC to very high frequency if you using floating, balanced detectors.

If you using reciver/RSSI-circurit with well balanced input (i think AD8307 or simular high dynamic logaritmic detectors) i think you can skip this toroid line.

--

Pity AD8302 has not balanced input... otherwise I think possibly make some intresting return loss measure bridge with measure of phase angle over very wide frequency range from near DC to 2.7 GHz... - and big step to build own network analyze - if known return loss and phase angle (after open, short, load calibrate) - is possible to calculate type of complex loads ie. value on cap/ind and value of resistance on load.

data scheet on AD8302 show vector reflectometer on side 20, but builds on directivity coupler - but build directivity coupler from near DC to 3 GHz is not easy task and need same skillness as build coupler inside hp/agilent 8753 Network analyzer...

jaya000

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
reflectometer bridge ad8307

Thanks xxargs,
I hv read ur suggestions carefully.
Now i just want to know how they hv made connections after 51 ohms. from schematic & built i am not able to get the connection. They say that they hv used 4 small beads inside & big outside. But how they must hv done internal layout ?
I am also interested in making bridge from AD 8302/AD8307. But i wish to make a bridge which can measure gain & return loss at a time by using 2 detectors.
This requirement is exactly as seen in the the following link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back