Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resources for RF booster design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compy

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi i have made a wireless networking in my town...
and i have used access points based on 2.4 GHZ 11g and used omni antenna of 15dbi

now i want to use RF booster to amplify my signal.. i have checked from bazar but they cost too much a 200 mW booster costs too much.. i want to design my own booster.. for my 15 dbi omni antenna about 2 to 5 W Rf booster

need help.. about resources and schematic diagrams

Re: Rf Booster

waaww...
Maybe its still many secret electronic companies,mate...
and 5W is very big : )

Most stuff available now are 1 Watt maximum. There are plenty of design examples. But essentially you have to ask your self first, is it going to be mounted on the tower ? or will it be indoor , and next to the AP?. If mounted by the antenna, then you need also to use DC inserter. The design is simple, it is a bi-directional amplifier with two switches (TX/RX). The TDD switch is operated automatically using RF detector, which switched the TX path, otherwise, the LNA path is always inserted, meaning the booster switch is always switched to RX, unless AP is transmitting. The LNA can by bought from Maxim, and the PA (1 Watt) can be any of RFMD, the switches can be either PIN or FETs, there are plenty of these, but the hard one is the one to handle the 1 Watt power. NEC as I recall makes one for the 2000-25000 MHz

ok.. i have Ap of Surecom 9600-gp and m using 15dbi omni antenna..
could u plz tell me ny site of tutorials of designing own 1 wat Rf booster..

You can search use google, then you will find some of articles....

good luck

wyl

Compy said:
Hi i have made a wireless networking in my town...
and i have used access points based on 2.4 GHZ 11g and used omni antenna of 15dbi

now i want to use RF booster to amplify my signal.. i have checked from bazar but they cost too much a 200 mW booster costs too much.. i want to design my own booster.. for my 15 dbi omni antenna about 2 to 5 W Rf booster

need help.. about resources and schematic diagrams

Did you do the omni antenna yourself? Or did you bought one? If you did it yourself can you post some information?

thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back