Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resources about PCI bus interfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack// ani

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Is there anybody out there how has done PCI bus interfacing…like for data acquisition or switching application. Is there any resource to learn this stuff?

Thanks

PCI bus interfacing

Check out Lattice and Xilinx cpld's. They have example application for PCI interfacing oni CPLD .

Same kind of posts were already committed to forum, please try to search.

Re: PCI bus interfacing

What actually u want to do? Pci intefacing to any i/o or memory device ?or else to hardware in cpld or something else? If u r willing to do interface then there are configuration registers in the interface where the bus learns that there is some data in the device(slave) and then the master requests the arbiter to gran the bus then the read data transfer starts. hopw this works out

PCI bus interfacing

Hi artem,

Can you please point to the link, preferably a Xilinx? I can't find one! Any recommendation about book, where to learn PCI bus?

Thanks

The fast solution is use a PCI controller like PLX 9054. It support DMA transfer.
It's about 20 E/piece.

A good book from PCI is :"PCI system architecture" by Tom Shanley

defer

hi,

have u got ur problem solved?

i am also serching documents about pci interfacing

but there is no os in my application

PCI bus interfacing

No not yet, but I will soon gear up, right now I'm very busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back