Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resonant Frequency of Patch Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

savedadogs

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fixing a patch antenna

Hi all.

I am trying to learn how to use HFSS, specifically the Eigenmode Solver. I am trying to find the resonant frequency of a microstrip patch antenna. How can I do so? I drew the patch, substrate, and ground. What do I need to do next? Any help will be great.

Thank you,

Anthony

resonant frequency from s11

Hi,

Maybe you should use Driven Terminal or Modal solution. Draw patch, substrate, ground. Then feed the patch using microstrip line or coax. Draw the air box around your structure, the walls should be quarter wavelength far from your structure and add radiation boundary to it. Solve the problem with some frequency sweep in which you expect resonance frequency. Check the S11 parameter results to find the resonance frequency.

Greets,
Redi.

antena dimension versus resonan frequency

Hi
If S11 can not response the resonance frequency point(s) correctly in the frequency range ,or there is not a clear points ,what should we do ?
I think that we should predict the resonance point according the fix'es character .
Thanks !
Redi said:
Hi,

Maybe you should use Driven Terminal or Modal solution. Draw fix, substrate, ground. Then feed the fix using microstrip line or coax. Draw the air box around your structure, the walls should be quarter wavelength far from your structure and add radiation boundary to it. Solve the problem with some frequency sweep in which you expect resonance frequency. Check the S11 parameter results to find the resonance frequency.

Greets,
Redi.

patch antenna resonant frequency

Hi all,

for a simple p@tch antenna, you can either use formulas from books to derive dimensions of p@tch or if you have @nsoft designer, you can use the estimate function to estimate the dimensions. In that way, your s11 will never to out of freq range. Then u can play around with the p@tch after u got the basic resonant structure ;)

Cheers,
Element7k

caocao said:
Hi
If S11 can not response the resonance frequency point(s) correctly in the frequency range ,or there is not a clear points ,what should we do ?
I think that we should predict the resonance point according the fix'es character .
Thanks !
Redi said:
Hi,

Maybe you should use Driven Terminal or Modal solution. Draw fix, substrate, ground. Then feed the fix using microstrip line or coax. Draw the air box around your structure, the walls should be quarter wavelength far from your structure and add radiation boundary to it. Solve the problem with some frequency sweep in which you expect resonance frequency. Check the S11 parameter results to find the resonance frequency.

Greets,
Redi.

Re: Resonant Frequency of fix Antenna

Hi,
Yes, we can estimate the resonance frequency for sample patch model .But for a complex structure such as the coupling , multilayer or back cavity structure ?
What is the best method?Are there any formuals and availability methods ?
Thanks !
Element7k said:
Hi all,

for a simple p@tch antenna, you can either use formulas from books to derive dimensions of p@tch or if you have @nsoft designer, you can use the estimate function to estimate the dimensions. In that way, your s11 will never to out of freq range. Then u can play around with the p@tch after u got the basic resonant structure ;)

Cheers,
Element7k

Re: Resonant Frequency of fix Antenna

caocao said:
Hi,
Yes, we can estimate the resonance frequency for sample fix model .But for a complex structure such as the coupling , multilayer or back cavity structure ?
What is the best method?Are there any formuals and availability methods ?
Thanks !
Element7k said:
Hi all,

Cheers,
Element7k

"analytically" it's possible only if you know Green's functions and you know them in closed form only for rectangle, circle, triangle, ellipse...
For these shapes resonant fq. can be computed quite easily.
For complex shapes in 2D you can compute eigenmodes ie in FEMLAB.
Rgz,
eirp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back