Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Resistors needed - Not available in India :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

lincolnkorg

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm looking for 100 ohm, 1/4 w fusible and 1 ohm, 1/4 w fusible resistors, they are unavailable in india, can someone help me with this pleaseeeeeeeeee :-( the system is lying dead without these components and i don't know what to do, payment can be made if someone can ship it to India.

Thanks for reading :-(

Regards

---------- Post added at 13:59 ---------- Previous post was at 13:51 ----------

Does anyone know any website who ships below $ 50 items to india, utsource.net does not have these parts :(

Hello, thank you so much, I came across these ppl during my search, unsure if they will ship small quantities, will give it a shot and reply, thank you so much once again for your help :) I now see a ray of hope :)

Tried all the distributors and wrote to the company itself, no luck :( last resort is to order it from the U.S for which shipping costs so much more than the part itself!!!!! Crazy!!! I guess i will eventually do that, those two small resistors!!!! I tell u!!!

Thank you Ajish,

Wonder why these resistors are not available easily around. I came across other part numbers with the same specifications, part nos FRN25J100R and FRN25J1R0, these are available in India, was wondering if i can use these instead of the original sony part nos: 1-212-881-11 and 1-202-972-61 respectively, sony service manual states these parts should strictly be of the same kind, assuming if the 100 Ohm/1 Ohm 1/4 w +/- 5% is fusible it should not be a problem, since im not a professional, some help would be appreciated.

Thank you so much for your time and help.

Much appreciated.

Regards

If the specifications are same then i don't think it will cause any problem. Why don't you check out the parts in some electronics repair shop. They might be having the same product in their scraps. Personally i have got a lot of needed parts from electronics repair shop.

Thank you so much for your help Ajish, I will look around, i've ordered for the resistors from a website in.rsdelivers.com hope they arrive, i was also looking for some transistors and looked around for it at the most popular place in bangalore for spares and they all seem to be clueless about these transistors, i had high regards for that place, unfortunately....... anyways, thanks so much for your time once again. The electronics repair shop search is a brilliant idea :) something that never crossed my mind.

Regards,
Lincoln

hi,

every TV spares shop sells the 100 ohms fuse resistors, though in India, for smps, we generally use 10 ohm fuse resistors.
watts company makes these glazed resistors in 1/2 watt and are freely available in India.

Last edited:
Hi Saram,

Thank you for your reply, can I substitute the 1/4 w resistor with a 1/2 w resistor? Like I mentioned earlier, the service manual strictly recomends to use the similar kind of resistor. Also, i was looking for some transistors which are: BA1F4M, BN1F4M and BA1A4M which seem to be highly impossible to find here, it is so frustrating to know what has to be replaced but not find the spares, as a last resort, i will have to ship this from China from a site called utsource.net. Just hopeing i'd come across someplace in India i can ship these components from.

Thanks for your help once again. Much appreciated.

Regards

name is sarma
you can even place 1/4 watt mfr resistors, they work fine.
i didn't see the original schematic or the artwork. thus finding replacement for the transistors can be possible only after seeing them. can you upload here or provide a link?

Hi Sarma,

Sorry for the typo error. Links to the data sheet of the transistors are below:

BA1F4M - BA1F4M datasheet pdf datenblatt - NEC - NPN SILICON TRANSISTOR ::: ALLDATASHEET :::
BN1F4M - BN1F4M datasheet pdf datenblatt - NEC - The BN1F4M is designed for use in medium speed switching circuit. ::: ALLDATASHEET :::
BA1A4M - BA1A4M datasheet pdf datenblatt - NEC - NPN SILICON TRANSISTOR ::: ALLDATASHEET :::

To give you an understanding, what i'm trying to do is repair a Sony HCD VX333 Hifi, it comes up with a error message "Protect, push power". After a lot of research online, i've noticed that the transistors and the resistors needs replacement (Resistors for sure, transistors I checked with a contuinity tester and these mentioned did not respond like the others, hence assuming as per the protect circuit and guidelines online these are to be replaced) Any advice regarding testing resistors would also be helpful, i'm keen to learn as electronics is my hobby and I love opening up music systems and electronic gadgets. So I searched all over the electronics market in Bangalore (SP Road) but no one had any clue about these Transistors.

I managed to order for the resistors online from in.rsdelivers.com, the closest I could get was these part nos: FRN25J100R & FRN25J1R0.

Thanks once again for your time? You seem to be a Professional with electronics Sarma.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back