Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

resistors in temperature compensation circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kick

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hiii,
I have a doubt related to temperature compensation circuit,in this circuit which type of smd resistors should i use??

How does it really matter if you are using a Thru-hole, or an SMD ? I think both should give same results.. It's only what thermistor you use will play a vital role and not really its package.

Actually problem is I need to use temperature compensation circuit with pressure sensor in my project.Now I have used 0603 package resistor and this project or PCB I have to place temperature range of approx.80'C-100'C.One of my friend told this range of temperature will affect the value of resistors and it will lead to output variation.

Aah, I understand your issue now. Again, this is not related to the package. You need to refer the "Temperature Coefficient" parameter of the resistor. Select the resistor with lesser ppm/deg C. Also make sure you select a resistor with good tolerance (such as 1%), which ensure a stable ohmic value of the resistor.

BTW, is this a special value resistor used for some tuning purpose ?

Reactions: Kick

Kick

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back