Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resistivity of the human body or tissue

Status
Not open for further replies.

kender

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Stanford, SF Bay Peninsula, California, Earth, Sol
Activity points
resisitivity human body frequence

Colleagues,

I’m trying to estimate the skin depth of the human body at 13.5MHz (one of the RFID frequencies). To do this I need to know the resistivity of the body or the tissue. I couldn’t find this number on the web. Does anyone know this number? The closest thing I could was resistivity of the seawater, which is 0.2 Ohm-meters. Is the resistivity of the human tissue much different from that of the seawater? Is it frequency-dependednt?

Cheers,
Nick

human body conductivity

Hi,
I Dont have the exact value but the body conductivity vary with blod circulation
regards

different tissues in the human body +salinity

I just realized that the medical saline has 0.9% salt and seawater has 3.5% salt. That could make a big difference in conductivity. The temperature difference between the normal conditions (25C) and the body temperature (37C) can make a big difference in conductivity too. Does anyone know of a table or a formula or a program that allows to find the conductivity of a salt solution of a given concentration at a given temperature?

Cheers,
Nick

Hi Kender

of course: the dielectric properties of human tissue are depending on the frequency!
Take a look here: **broken link removed**
You can type in your frequency (13.5 MHz?) and get the values for different types of human tissue; e.g. skin dry: sigma=0.237/eps=286.3

hope this helps :)
best: Ricy

Reactions: Monady

kender

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Monady

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
But how to calculate the total complex value of the skin for example, Epslon and sigma how to add them to get the total dielectric value or the real value i mean.

Regards

Hi Kender

of course: the dielectric properties of human tissue are depending on the frequency!
Take a look here: **broken link removed**
You can type in your frequency (13.5 MHz?) and get the values for different types of human tissue; e.g. skin dry: sigma=0.237/eps=286.3

hope this helps :)
best: Ricy

what are dielectric properties at low frequencys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back