Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resistive Touch Screen - Driver required?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wind_blast942

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am currently doing a project that requires the use of a touchscreen. The one that I plan to use is this : **broken link removed**

However I am not sure for this kind of touchscreen, do I have to purchase ab additional driver chip to make it work or is it trivial enough to program the pic 16 that I already have? As I have budget constriants, I was hoping that the additional chip is not needed.

Any help is much appreciated thanks.

You could program a pic to do that, scan the rows with a logic '1' and measure the analog voltage on the columns for feedback, noise is an issue, you might want to put a decodable pulse train on the rows so you know your feedback isnt just noise.
There are probably commercial chips for doing that, with an output similar to a keyboard. or mouse.

you can program the controller to do it and can do without additional driver IC. But you will have to caliberate by your self. using driver- you will find much better caliberated results but you will miss the fun of writing a code by yourself to read the touch screen data!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back