Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resistance of metal layers in tech lef

Status
Not open for further replies.

biju4u90

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In my lef file, there are 7 metal layers. The metal pitch of M7 is 1.6um and minimum spacing and width are 0.8um. Pitch of M6 is 0.8um with minimum spacing and width 0.4um. All the remaining layers have a pitch value 0.2um and spacing and minimum width value 0.1um. Does that mean all my metal layers from M5 to M1 have same resistance values??

Not necessarily. If this is an old tech, it is likely they are the same. Maybe M1 is slightly different.

Reactions: biju4u90

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

biju4u90

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Checking the thickness of the metal layers would confirm if the RPSQ values would be the same for metal layers M5 to M1.

Looking into TechFiles and assuming Resistance will not be appropriate way.
But as Convention, more the Width less the resistance.

You can check the QRC/StarRC file which will have these information about resistance.

In your case, foundry might be old hence M1 is same as M5.
Usually, M1 will have different width and resistance compared to M2.
M2-M5 might (most cases) will have same resistance if they are of same type of Metal.

Check the Metal Stack information.
M1-M5 : Might be of Same type of Metal (Mx/My/Mz)
This info will be in Metallization table of the respective DRM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back