Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Resist through hole from Etching

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauravkothari23

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all...
Till date i was making the double sided PCB with vias connecting using a wire. but now i have got a solution where i can get the hole conductive and now i dont have to use any wire into the vias. but my problem is how can i resist the through hole from getting etching when PCB is dipped into ferric chloride. i am using Liquid Photo Image-able Solder Masks (LPISM) process to make double sided PCB. so basically my process is:
1) I drill my PCB
2) Make the holes Conductive.
3) Photo Exposure on both the side.
4) Etching.
5) Solder Mask using LPISM process.
but again after i drill the hole to PCB and make the holes conductive, and then when i apply the ink to the PCB for photo exposure the ink get inside the hole and gets stucked there which is very difficult to remove. and again to remove the ink from the hole i have to dill the holes again which removes the conductivity from the holes.
to avoid all this i again tried using photoresist dry flim... but again the problem is how can i resist the holes from getting etched when it is dipped into the Ferric Chloride.
can anybody please give me the solution for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back