Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reset Signal working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahul Soni

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have two buck converters. If one is driving the reset# signal low and another is driving the reset# signal high, what output will be going to the other IC's. I have give the same name to both of the reset# and I am sending them to two different IC's

Hi,

connecting two push pull outputs together isn´t a good idea. Use an OR gate instead.

Often #resret outputs are open collector/open drain. You may connect them and use a pullup resistor.

Klaus

Hi,

Often #resret outputs are open collector/open drain. You may connect them and use a pullup resistor.

Klaus

I have done the same thing. Those reset signals are coming from the PGOOD pin which is driven by an internal MOSFET (open drain). When any MOSFET goes low, the other will automatically go low since both the outputs are connected to the same net (Reset#) and the resulting output will be low. Thus the Reset# will make the other ICs low :)

Hi,

so you answered your own question....

and another is driving the reset# signal high,
With open drain output one does not speak of "driving high", instead it is high_Z = floating,
but the pullup resistor does it´s job...

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back