Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Requirement of a 3-D vertically stacking RGB LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganeshkini19

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am doing an experiment on the LEDs. I am looking for a 3-D vertically stacking RGB LED, which basically can display colors. The LED should be able to take in a minimum of 200mA current. what would be the best possible 3D stacking LED or 3D flip-chip that I can use for this? Please let me know. PFA for the kind of LED that I am looking for.

led.PNG

Attachments

• led.PNG
    led.PNG
    24.3 KB · Views: 98

2V, 3.2V and 3.2V at 200mA produces a power of 1.68W and most of it is heat. How will you cool the LEDs?

2V, 3.2V and 3.2V at 200mA produces a power of 1.68W and most of it is heat.

Modern LEDs can be really efficient; see, for example, https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/325762/how-efficient-are-leds

At least 30-40% of the electrical energy input is converted into visible light and it can go up to 50-60%; as100 lm/W would be around 25% to 30% and the new 200 lm/W chips announced recently (as of August 2017) reach 50% to 60%. the above reference says:

"100 lm/W would be around 25% to 30% and the new 200 lm/W chips announced recently (as of August 2017) reach 50% to 60%."

The rest as usual, goes down the sink as heat. 1W LEDs come ready to be mounted on an Al-PCB heat sink bond pad.

Even 50W white LED modules can be simply mounted on a regular Al plate as a heat sink.

Hi both, do you know any such LED that's available In the market right now ? Please let me know

What I'd like to know is where you buy transparent Al for the heat sinking. I've only read about stuff like that in Science Fiction stories.

As the OP wants to stack these LEDs on top of each other, I can't see how this could be feasible as any LED below another one won't be able to illuminate through the other LED (LED substrate isn't transparent).

An example of an emissive display would be an OLED, which uses a grid pattern to display a color image.

Hi both, do you know any such LED that's available In the market right now ? Please let me know

You need to do the market survey yourself.
Bernette Sew & Go 8-197 review
I do not think that you can mount three emitters on top on each other; not at the chip level at least.

The common idea is to place them close to each other so that they fuse together (form images on one light sensor element in the eye- the cone). You can see the three different colors if you use a good magnifying glass on your LCD or CRT display screen.

You need to spell out your application /idea in greater detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back