Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Require atmel microcontroller, smallest size and Minimum I/O pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micro Lover

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
i m trying to control the lights, fans and other electronic devices using serial, so when i send a serial data with specific code, the specific uC read the data and turn on/off one pin, so using this pin i can turn on or off required device.

i want to know which microcoltroller is smallest with Minimum I/O pins including serial handling capability

or any other solution ?????

Why minimal I/O ? If you whant to control many devices you need more I/O.

Why smallest ? If you need device to be smaller use SMD parts.

Almost all have serial support.

There is way to use small uC with 1-Wire bus, with digital potentiometers, switches, counters, EEPROMs,.... This will use minimal I/O pins on uC and minimal number of wires in system. Also you can think about using other method of communications and controls like IR and RF.

Atmel some of ATTiny serie, Microchip 10F, 12F serie of uC. Very small SOT23 6-pin.

**broken link removed**

Also you can look simple USB solutions if you need just scream.

:wink:

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.