Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

request potential interviews questions on SAR ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.

airboss

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm currently looking for a job in the analog and/or mixed-signal IC design right now. I was assigned mainly to the digital core when I was working on the SAR ADC. I do put it on my resume but most of the people questions me on the analog core. So can people throw out some potential questions? I really appreciate.

The questions I have so far are:
*) what's the challenge of the design for the comparator?
*) what's effect that the offset has on the comparator? how do we cancel the offset?
*) what's the topology for the comparator? if latch is used, what's the benefit of using a latch? why pure linear amps or pure latches?
*) what's the challenge for the ckt related to the reference voltage?
*) what's the topology of the DAC? what's the challenge of the DAC?
*) any non-linearity issues coming from the DAC? what's the solution?

There was one question I'm still not able to answer up till now.
*) how much time do i need to resolve the LSB? (i mean, we resolve one bit within one clk cycle, so this question itself doesn't make sense to me.)

Status
Not open for further replies.