Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Request: accept xls and/or ods attachment file types

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonc2

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to see xls (Excel spreadsheet) and/or ods (OpenDocument spreadsheet) added to the list of allowable attachment extensions.

Thanks!
J

I would like to see xls (Excel spreadsheet) and/or ods (OpenDocument spreadsheet) added to the list of allowable attachment extensions.

Thanks!
J

Can You reformulate your question I got short circuit in head ?

You mean on Open With... list ?

or file associtation on double click ?

or you have configured local/group security policy about file extensions ?

I'll try my best...

I am talking about attaching files to posts in the forum. In the advanced post editor you can attach files to post (e.g. images or documents). Only certain file types are allowed. It currently says:

Valid file extensions: 7z bmp bz2 djvu doc exe gif gtar gz jpe jpeg jpg pdf png ppt psd r00 r01 r02 r03 r04 r05 r06 rar swf tar tgz txt zip

My suggestion is for the forum administrators to add "xls" and/or "ods" to that list, so that Excel spreadsheet files (with filenames ending in ".xls") and/or OpenDocument spreadsheet files (with filenames ending ".ods") can be attached directly to posts.

In the same way that "doc" (Microsoft Word documents) is currently allowed.

Currently the way to add them is to zip them first (because zip files are allowed) and attach the zip file to the post.

... Did it make more sense that time?

Uh sorry I get it now.

You can use rar archiever to pack anything inside. You can use builtined rar in Total Commander or you can install WinRar.

For EDABoard uploading that can be solution.

With rar you can send exe and other files like dlls,... over email services like gmail, yahoo,... without problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back