Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Req: USBCore for FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

yondie

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I`m just taking Digital System Design in my university this semester. At my U, we used Altera UP 2 Board Fleks 10K processor board.

I have been assign to a project to construct a usb port on top of the board where users can plug in their usb flash/pen drive and read. and also if there is a text file in the drive.

My plan to overcome the situation is by trying to embedded a NT or Linux kernel inside the system with a simple tty terminal, however i`m quite clueless on where or how to embedded the system?

I heard that i need to get a usbcore function for the usb part. But how exactly I`m going to embedded the kernel? Do i need to convert the kernel code into vhdl first and send the data via ByteBlaster J-tag?

I hope someone can give some tips or links :)

U bet I am a happy man now :)) Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.