Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[REQ] Siemens S55 phone data-cable schematics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regnum

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Could you upload or point me where to get schematics of Siemens S55 data-cable for serial port ?

Thanks,
Regnum

Hi there is nothing special with this phones except that Siemens uses a new connector called "Slim Lumberg".

You can find the pinout for example here:
https://pinouts.ru/data/siemens_c55_pinout.shtml

Big disadvantage with the newer Siemens phones is that you can not use the built in modem and the headphone in/out or the charger at the same time.

I have a lot of application that need to do this so I am currently developing a special cable with a built in PIC16F628 that can eliminate this problem :)

The new phones operate at about 2.8 volts so you will need a level converter to 5V or RS232 levels ...

best regards

Regnum

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
cud u pls specify the level conerter ic if im trying to interface with a 5V microcontroller. i`m working on a siemens c35 mobile. im using a siemens data cable with a marking s25 on it. im really confused abt fully connecte, 2 wire Psi win data cable and all that. i think the problem i have is with the data cable. can u pls suggest a data cable 4 siemens c35?
tnx

Hi C-Man,

Thank you very much for your help. I guess I'm gonna get into something you've already done, so I wanna ask you a couple of questions

Which are the esential documents for acquiring a good background on SMS?

Regarding the data connection, what about handshake signals? Is controlling them mandatory?

Thanks,
Regnum

Regnum said:
Which are the esential documents for acquiring a good background on SMS?

If you search my posts you will find everything you need on SMS :)

Regnum said:
Regarding the data connection, what about handshake signals? Is controlling them mandatory?

If you do not need the headset signals (audio in, audio out) just leave them floating.

best regards

hi

if you just want to change logo and ring tones then you only required data cable, but if you want to flash the mobile phone then you required flashing cable,used to change start up animation and reloading of firm ware or for patching the firm ware, if you required i can share both usb and com port cable and also guide you further for more then data cable work

Fragrance said:
...if you required i can share both usb and com port cable and also guide you further for more then data cable work

...yes, please !
Thanks

Siemens S55 datacable is too easy just using max232, i will send u the schematic

Regnum said:
Fragrance said:
...if you required i can share both usb and com port cable and also guide you further for more then data cable work

...yes, please !
Thanks

here is what you need

becare full always make backup before doing any changes in phone firware or in patching also uploaded usb port cable schematic

for patching and making changes in key board layout and what so ever used this soft for more help you can pm me

http://www.vi-soft.com.ua

for making changes in logo and start up pictures used this soft but once again do not get smart always make backup before doing any changes to mobile firmware

**broken link removed**

many thanks to eirp my great friend who guide me when i started my first phone for patching

forget to mention that never used usb cable for ring tones and logo's download usb cable called flashing and patching cable com port cable called data cable which used for ring tones download and logo's works

mitesh said:
Siemens S55 datacable is too easy just using max232, i will send u the schematic

share your cable as i have disassembled my s55 cable which i bought from local siemens distributor of cellphone now making a draw of it

hi

so here is data cable used for ring tone logo and phone book editing with siemens data suite or any other soft ware for data exchange

one thing more note that when using usb cable no battrey in side the phone and also no sim all done with out bat and sim in usb cable

the cable i share here draw from orignal siemens data cable come with my S55

Regnum

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
But Siemens mobile works oin 3.3V logic. THe Max232 gives out 5V logic signals. Wouldn't the phone be damaged ?

Even the older Siemens phones operate at 3.6 V (battery voltage).
Simply put a 10K current limiting resistor in series with the TX line from the microcontroller, the phones have diodes that protect from overvoltage inside so there will be no damage ...

best regards

in this site have something how can you use a GSM Cellular with microcontroller

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

It seems that Siemens phone pulls down the RXD line when it receives a voltage higher than 3.3V. There is nothing wrong with the phone since i tried 3 different ones. Or is it that the phone thinks that it is connected to USB and swithces the interface to USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.