Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Req: Schematic of IBM harddisk

Status
Not open for further replies.

hqqh

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,

does someone know where i can get the schematic of the folloing hdd.
IBM Deskstar series: IC356120AVVA0-0 120GB 7200 rpm
i can't eccess my hdd and there are important data on it, so i want check wheter there is an error in the electical part.

thanks in advance,
hqqh

good luck, even if you find a schematic, even if you find the error, you will probably not be able to get the faulty circuit...a nice black box with an oem reference on it...
you'd better search for the same drive and exchange the controllers cards... as it's a recent one it may be less difficult...

Use the IBM tools to determine the state the drive is in. Its more likley the mechanical parts have failed than the electronics.

Depending on how valuable the data is you could try buying the same model drive, and transplanting the controller board.

The board is a small embedded computer, its doubtful you could learn anything useful from a schematic that isnt locigal from the tracings. I would doubt IBM give out chip or schematic details.

Hi ..
I just want to share my opinion .. I had a similar problem .. some time ago .. As it has been said .. There are no hard drives schematics to the public ... But you could do somthing .. Assuming that the motors are OK ..
try to get another similar hard drive .And being very carfull ,swap the electronoc board ... You should be ok .!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back