Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

req: schematic for flash-based PICStart Plus programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayson

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
picstart plus schematic

I downloaded the new MPLAB 6.40 from Microchip's website and found that the PICStart Plus programmer has an "update" module featuring the PIC18F8720, this module replaces the existing PIC17C44. Does anyone have schematics for this "update" module or a link to any documentation about it?

- Jayson

picstart schematic

hi
no "update module" when upgrading PicStart, just fire a new 17C44 with existing programmer and the new hex file provided with MPlab.
then open the programmer and change the 17C44.

schematic picstart plus

Yes there is “upgrade” module for picstart+, and I’m looking for its schematic too. It uses pic18f6720. Here is some additional info:
h**p://www.microchip.com/1010/pline/tools/picmicro/program/picstart/index.htm
h**p://forum.microchip.com/tm.asp?m=5908

best regards

schematic of picstart plus

Hi

Have anyone found any schematic or made their own?
Is it just to make a pin to pin and use the appropriate pins?

18f6720 pum

stroma said:
Yes there is “upgrade” module for picstart+, and I’m looking for its schematic too. It uses pic18f6720. Here is some additional info:

best regards

Ok Stroma and sorry, i didnt know this new boring thing from Mchip :roll:
In fact i'm so bored with this that i bought a ELNEC Pikprog+ that already program new 18F chips
good luck !

picstart upgrade

Hi friends,
I'll try to ask for help Microchip technicall support. Some times ago I ask them for shematic for PIC17C7XX to DIP40 converter - for PICStart programer and they sent me the pdf. This tool cost about 140 USD and they sent me shematic absolutely free :).

I'll inform you for responce in this section.

Regards

picstart plus schematics

please shared the pdf adpter schematic!

picstart plus programmer

Hi friends,
finaly I found pdf for socket adapter.
Here is it.
Enjoy.

PIC

schematics of picstart plus

PICUser said:
Hi friends,
finaly I found pdf for socket adapter.
Here is it.
Enjoy.

PIC

Hi PICUser,

The upgrade module is almost like the "Basic Stamp" module and uses a PIC18F672 TSOP device which is on a board that matches the 40pin size of the 17C44 and just plugs into the IC base socket as you would plug in the 17C44. Can you get your hands on that schematic?

(We met on the MicroChip forum)

Regards,
William :?:

picstart plus bootloader

Whacko,
do you have this flash upgrade module?

18f6720 config bits picstart

Hi stroma,

I don't have the upgrade module, was thinking to make one up myself, I have the facility to do the TSOP on the required size PCB. I am from South Africa, the exhange rate to US$ and our currency is not good for me. The going price is US$29.99 which I can times by ten for my currency. The processor (18F6620) only cost me +- US$10.00. But if I can't get the pinout I'll buy one and draw a schematic of that and post it for here for those who want it.

Regards,
Whacko

pic12f program loader schematic

Whacko,

If you're thinking about making it yourself then do you have the schematics for it?

- Jayson

picstart plus schematic download

Jayson said:
Whacko,

If you're thinking about making it yourself then do you have the schematics for it?

- Jayson

I don't have the schematic. I was hoping someone do have it, but if nobody has it, I can buy the upgrade (PUM) module and do a schematic of the hardware. Then I can post it here.

Whacko.

picstart_upg.pdf

stroma said:

best regards

Hi,
Have you found the schematic for this adapter ?

picstar schematic

I'm working on tracing the schematic off the PUM. It is not easy, it's a doublesided board, with tracks hidden under processor, and 40pin dip socket. When I am finished, I will post it.

Regards,
Whacko.

17c44 replacement

I have the schematic.

picstart plus bootloader download

Hi

Please share the schematic and spare Whacko some time.
Whacko, if you need help with the work just tell us, perhaps we can help you with the routing if we havea photo or scanned image. This is off course only needed if the schematic is not uploaded, but I think this is of interest to a lot of members...
Thanks for your efforts.

picstart plus programmer rar

Hi X,

I will have to trace the board. I don't have a high resolution digital camera, but the photo will not really help now, because the back is mostly filled with copper pour, and a lot of detail is hidden from view. I.e. under the dip socket and the processor. You'll most propably have to do your own artwork with a bigger board, the artwork is really very small. But don't despair, I'll do my best. Once we have a schematic, it will be much better.

Regards,

Whacko.

picstart flash upgrade bootloader

Here is the schematic and the firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.