Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

req => info about : coil design on pcb layers

Status
Not open for further replies.

incognito

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pcb coil

looking at websites, books references, eventually software information not in priority...

Thanks!

Rgds.

pcb coil design

You will like this attachment :wink:

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
pcb coils design

Encrypted said:
You will like this attachment :wink:

thhhhanks!

here is a 50 points reward :lol:

coil pcb

How can protel?

pcb printed rf coils

myasar said:
How can P*otel?

protel :)

I advice u u read a bit this document. With protel only, it might be hard... :)

And I heard that this "method" need several prototypes and component implementaton can cause difference as well.

Like I've seen something on the inet :
**broken link removed**

I really doubts about efficience of a pcb coil at any VHF frequency... I would like to hear if some guys here already used this technique in a real project. Were the results as expected, incoherance from simulation to real prototype and things like that

Have fun !

pcb inductor design

Some time ago I was searching solution for same problem and I found very old program from Agilent called APPCAD. It contains tool for spiral coils design. Surprisingly 3-pole filter with coils designed by this program works better than expected, on first try and no addidtional tunning needed. Try search for this program in forum, I think I seen it somewhere, but it must be old DOS version.

spiral coil pcb

HMX said:
Some time ago I was searching solution for same problem and I found very old program from @gilent called APPCAD. It contains tool for spiral coils design. Surprisingly 3-pole filter with coils designed by this program works better than expected, on first try and no addidtional tunning needed. Try search for this program in forum, I think I seen it somewhere, but it must be old DOS version.

Where Can I get that program ?? PPCAD? Does it have tutorial for it ?

I need information about it please,
Thanks in advance,
AHmad,

inductance coil pcb

>I really doubts about efficience of a pcb coil at any VHF frequency

I built a kit of a VHF oscillator at ~100MHZ

If the circuit board was a few mm above a sheet of metal it stopped oscillating. Putting my hand above the circuit board give a frequency shift.

pcb coil for vhf

Of course the frequency will change. The inductance of the PWB inductor is affected by nearby metallic objects. At first it seems nice to use printed inductors, but the properties of the circuit board changes with batches (material, process variations). FR-4 material is not the best for RF if reasonably high Q-values is needed. Then it is also quite difficult to tune a resonance circuit if the inductance needs to be changed. Furthermore, a chip type inductor is indeed smaller.

pcb coils

**broken link removed**
someone showme this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back