Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Req:HV power supply design guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodboy_pl

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear friends,
i am going to design a HV power supply with following specs:
Vo=6000V
Io=1mA
load regulation=5%
Vi=12V
i am familiar with switching power supply design,but until now it is my first experience in HV power supplies.
i think flyback topology and UC384x is the best solution; my problem is about the transformer design and construction,also i think there is some problem in feedback circuit(resistor voltage devider),so i will be grateful if u could help me.
all of your comments,tips,app.notes and design guides will be appreciated.

thanx inadvance.

This PDF, i found in TI seminar online
**broken link removed** is about deisign of inductor and flyback, is a good review of subject.
an example
http://focus.ti.com/lit/ug/sluu096/sluu096.pdf

There are more interesting pdf in this link, you can see it changing the number, example **broken link removed**, betwen slup067 to slup129.

to generate high voltage i thiunk the normal flyback topology is not sufficeint as u will ned a huge number of winding in secondary

but as in TV horizentalor as in Spark ignition there's a good ways to generate those hiugh voltages

this way depends on resonance , wher the charged primary inductor in flyback transformer resonates with a capacitor between the collector and emitter of switching transistor those generating a peak voltage over primary windings which could be raised to the 6000 v with small turns ratiuo

i.e u can get about 1000 on primary by resonqance then step those 1000 to 6000 by 6:1 turns ratio

or u may connect the primary to the secondary at the collector so the primary current passes through higher inductance secondary generating higher voltage

this is my openion

also u should care about the isolation

also u may use voltage doubler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back