Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Req: Control devices via USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

gulson

ssssss
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
It's so easy to control 8 devices via Parallel Computer Port, I'm looking the same for USB, any links to freeware projects, and software for them are welcome :)

There are not too many ways to do that :( One of the simplest options is to use something like FT232/FT245 from FtdiC*ip and build some support circuitry around them (for example port expanders).

hello
Philips also have PDIUSBD12(and D11) chips that there are some examples (sample project) available on it site with firmware and sch and windows driver.(it is in cookbook format)

7rots51 said:
hello
Philips also have PDIUSBD12(and D11) chips that there are some examples (sample project) available on it site with firmware and sch and windows driver.(it is in cookbook format)

Hi 7rots51,

Can you please post the links for Phi*ips PDIUSBD11/D12 examples/Windows driver? I've visited the Philips site many times and yet I was unable to find these examples.
By the way, I've read a few things about USB devices and it seems that using the FT*I chips is much easier than working with the PDI chips. Nevertheless, the latter are a little more flexible.

Hi Gulson,

Sorry, I forgot to post this in my previous reply. Maybe you're looking for something like this:

hxxp://www.codemercs.com/IOWarriorE.html

You can find more of these devices here:

hxxp://www.lvr.com/usb.htm

bogdanm said:
By the way, I've read a few things about USB devices and it seems that using the FT*I chips is much easier than working with the PDI chips. Nevertheless, the latter are a little more flexible.

This is bcause everey usbdevice needs a driver FTDI has really good
drivers for their devices.
If you make a USB device which is comatible with the HID spec all OS from 98 have HID support included.

Therefore no custom driver needed! Toggling Portpins should be easy with a HID device.

usbman

Hi bogdanm

PDIUSBD12 Link:
**broken link removed**

Smat Kit:
**broken link removed**

Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor