Represent frequency-dependent inductor in Agilent ADS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizardz

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm doing some circuit modeling of on-chip passives.

In this work, I have to add frequency-dependent inductors to ADS. The inductance vs. freq are now available in text forms.

I guess dataaccesscomponont(DAC) can do this works. But I find simulation error when using DAC in lumped inductor setup. (I can only find examples using DAC in dataitems).

Attached is a screen shot of my circuit model

Can anyone help me or suggest some help documents?

Thanks a great!

After some investigation I find a viable way.
Insterestingly, I post reply here to answere myself.

In ADS, we can use 1-port Z-parameter component(Z-box) in eqation based linear components. The Z parameters can be read from external file.

There is a parameter set in the Z-box called Ci. This can be used to model mutual coupling. As for how to represent mutual coupling in a complex invironment, I can only think out the way of series connecting sereval Z-box, each of which have different Ci to model the multiple coupling.

I still hope someone can offer better ways!

"freq" is ADS variable and you can obtain a frequency depended inductor by using this variable such as.

L=k*freq*Linit

or similar thing..
Here k may be a coefficient or a function or something else.This equation increases (or deceases ) inductor value proportional to freqeuncy.

As I can remember, ADS can use S-parameter model in its schematic, which maintains the intrinsic frequency-dependent feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…