Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replicating Orcad layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

deba_fire

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everyone,

I have a PCB layout for testing a single IC. I need to make a new single board where four of the same IC can be tested simultaneously. Basically I need to replicate the current PCB 4 times on a single board. Is there any option in Orcad layout(9.10) to do this?

Thanks and Regards

First You have to update your schematic with duplicate symbols. Then export to layout. Forcefully placement of symbols are difficult.

I think there is a shorter method in layout itself. But I am not aware of it. If anyone has experience in replicating, please help.

If you want to replicating components and caonnected nets, it is not possible in orcad layout. only mechanical components can repicate.

hope this is helpful.

I read on net that panelization is used to replicate boards. I have one question regarding that method. Do the multiple boards share the same power supply? If we want them to share same supply what needs to be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back