Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replacing relays with another electronic component

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vignesh goutham

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to replace a relay in a circuit by another component?
I want to switch on and off AC when a dc pulse in on and OFF respectively..
Please do help me in this.I need another component instead of a relay.

Use a TRIAC to drive an AC load. Use it with a driver (MOC3021, isolated TRIAC driver).
Regards.

You did not define the Output current to be handled. If it is just some milliapms, you can use an optocoupler with a TRIAC or SCR (like CNY30 or so) and if it is in Amps you may find some SOLIDSTATE relay (an electronic coupler like relay but not mechanical). Further queries welcome if needed.

Kindly clarify details of the input voltage availaable and output voltage /current you need to switch .
A static CMOS relay has input DC (LED ),optocoupled to a triac with 230VAC/1Amp ratings .
The max load currents have 1 microsecs switch times and is chatter /jitterfree.
The device is 6pin or 8pin.

I am using a 5v dc to control 230V AC.To be clear, the coil in the relay gets 5V DC supply and the common terminal and NO terminal gets 230V AC. But the problem is i want to use another component instead of relay..! Thanks in advance..

---------- Post added at 22:35 ---------- Previous post was at 22:34 ----------

input voltage would be 5V DC and i need to control 230V AC.

All reasonable electronic switch variants for this application (triac, SCR, solid state relay) have been mentioned. What do you need else?

Solid State Relays (SSR)

**broken link removed**

Great ..Use a opto coupled CMOS relay switch which has LED input control operative at roughly 2.2VDC/3mA to control an inbuilt 230VAC triac which is switched ON/)OFF depending ion the LED control.The operation occurs at zero crossings with a 3vAC hysteresis .The current ratings are normally 500mA /1Amp

I suggested use of optotriavc with zero crossing detec. ..the KAQV series has input 5VDC logic and 230VAC /130mA current rated .
It is a 4pin device and usable

Status
Not open for further replies.