Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

replacing gsm modem with a gsm

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeidea

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
good evening for all,i ask if can i disasseble some model gsm ,like sagem,to replace a gsm modem

Of course phones can be used for GSM modem purposes, this eliminate expensive stand alone gsm modems.

thank ,can you specify a model exemple and schematic pinout

I use Siemens phones for sending and receiving SMS. But you can control motor, or other things. What data You plan to transfer ?

communicate remotely with my gsm module interfaced with hyperterminal and pic16F628A,by sending a sms to my phone if someone enter to my home.

You need sms alarm just say what you whant. :-D

See this for 5 zones :

sms_alarm_shema.png

Project location : https://www.elektronika.ba/500/sms-alarm/

Each zone sms is programmed with separate text according to that zone over this interface :

PC Interface.gif

You can use this to make NO or NC contacts :

Senzor NC NO Connections (3 variants).jpg

You can add laser beam sensor very easly on some zones.

Last edited:

it s all i need tpetar,special thank,now i need only a gsm module ,i will try siemens mc60.

but ,how can make hyperterminal automated to send me sms throught PIC16.when alarm is activated by entrance of someone,how can i make hyperterminal send sms to advertise(AT+CMGS="+31638740161" <ENTER>) me?

---------- Post added 18-03-12 at 00:03 ---------- Previous post was 17-03-12 at 23:59 ----------

for exemple ,i will specify a output like RA6 of micro controller,to be enabled when alarm is active,which command will be send to hyperterminal from this PIC16?

Status
Not open for further replies.