Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replacing GLCD 12864D v1.2 with GLCD 12864B v2.0 in MikroC pro for PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mithun_K_Das

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Do you have any experience with new version of GLCD v2.0? I had a design working few years ago. Recently I bough this 16117484_1858558747733916_1597230158_n.jpg new GLCD for that design. But When I connected it, it work improperly. Almost no output and noise in the Display. Here you can see that this new version has PSB and NC (No connection May be) pins rather than CS1 and CS2 of old version. I searched over internet, and found some articles about this new version. But not that much clear. Somebody says PSB is to select serial or parallel operation. Also there is a JP2 point for that serial/parallel operation. but there is no effect I found rather than consuming extra current(normally the whole circuit consumes only 40mA, but with serial input selection it consumes 160mA !!!).

Now my question is, what is the difference between this new version of GLCD and old version? And how can I replace that old one by this new one? I'm working with MikroC pro for PIC.

Hi,

I did an internet search "glcd psb datasheet" and found a lot of hits.
Datasheets with complete interface descriptions ..... this is all you need.
Additionally I found discussions, examples...

Klaus

Oh! I searched "GLCD 12864B v2.0", it was just some images and few description. Anyway thanks for your suggestion.

- - - Updated - - -

I searched as per your suggestion but unfortunately most of them are talking about v1.2 not v2.0.

Hi,

But they tell you how to treat PSB pin..
I thought this is the key to success.

What else do you need to know?

Klaus

Hi,

What can be the problem:
* there is an error in the datasheet (I'd call it unlikely, because other user will have already reported this)
* you don't have the correct datasheet (compare brand and exact type)
* your hardware is wrong (wiring, supply voltages, logic levels)
* your software is wrong (timing for signals and commands, wrong commands, command order, initialisation....)

A lot of these points we can't check, because we don't have the informations.
So either you have to check them on your own, or provide the informations.

Klaus

I contacted with mikroC team, they said that mikroC doesn't support GLCD PSB. Also I found in some other sites, people are having trouble working with this GLCD. May be arduino works fine with this GLCD. But as my previous design is running in more than 120 places with 50,000 to 100,000 eggs in each machine (egg incubator) for past 2yrs with a good performance so I don't likely to blame that design with v1.2 of GLCD.

I've to find other solution rather than blaming that old design. When I use that OLD GLCD of v1.2 it displays as usual. But with new GLCD, it displays garbage. So problem is either in GLCD or the operating process of GLCD. I'm trying to find out what is the problem and how can be solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back