Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replacement for SN49710P

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve_rb

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an old circuit uses SN49710P but now it needs replacement. This chip converts 10MHZ to 1MHZ (a 10:1 reducer). It is a 8 pin chip. I couldn't find it in the market. Anyone knows what chip can be a proper replacement?

I presume that a 7490 and it's derivatives (LS, HC series) can be used.

I presume that a 7490 and it's derivatives (LS, HC series) can be used.

Could you please specify a few LS and HC series of derivatives of 7490? I am not familiar with digital chips.

I mean e.g. 74HC90. It's a 2:1 and 5:1 divider in a 14 pin package. Wired respectively, it becomes a 10:1 divider with 50% output duty cycle.

Found only one page 7490 datasheet which says it is a divider but 74HC90 and 74LS90 seems are not dividers? Do you have datasheet for these? I want to make a 2MHZ from 10MHZ oscillator output.

Last edited:

All 74xx90 devices are functional equivalent with same pinning, different in supply voltage range, current consumption and speed. They are actually decade counters that can be also used as 5:1 and 10:1 dividers. 74LS90 is a least an active part and available from distributors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back