Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Repacing Norton Internet Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrWhoF

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Norton internet security 2007 does not support Windows 2000 any more.
I have small network of 10 workstation and Win2000 server (file server).
Which Internet Security package will you recommend?

One of many options is MicroTrend Internet Security suit ..
**broken link removed**
They have one version for workstations and another for (small-bussiness) network server ..
Also, you can download trial versions and just try them out ..

Regards,
IanP

MicroTrend is not bad and recommended.
But I have even better result with NOD32

They also have Server / Workstation versions.
I am running 2 Networks with 2 Servers and about 30 Workstations all together.
And since I am using NOD32 there are absolutely no issues.

One of the big benefits of NOD32 is the small amount of resources it takes.

Based on my own experience I would rate the security Programs like this from 1 to 100:

1. NOD32
2. MicroTrend

3. ... For long time nothing

100: Norton Security

Norton is by far the worse of all programs.
Ther is almost no way to clean up the registry after a Norton Program was installed on a system.

Good Luck

Tronoty

Hellow friend
You can use MicroTrend Internet security suit.
Or also try use of e-trust anti virus.

Replacing a Norton (Symantec) product with anything else is a good thing to contemplate.

I have used a number of their software products in the past and have gradually become very dissatisfied with their overall performance.

The final straw was their 2006 anti-virus software. The situation is now funny, but at the time I was not particularly amused.

Immediately after installing the software I found numerous programs failing to operate correctly. The Uninstall feature only worked partially and I contacted them to ask for help removing the software and for a refund.

They cheerfully refunded my money. When I then asked for help to remove the balance of the software I was told that since I was no longer a customer that there would be a charge for any technical support and would I please provide a credit card number to continue.

I was truly shocked by this policy. It is unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back