Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rentering the IC Design field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josephkcs

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I need some advice and suggestion regarding the career path. I have completed my masters in science in electrical engineering from American university 6 years ago with emphasis on analog design. But after that I could not get into vlsi/ic design field after I graduated and have been working in Information technology since then.
Now I want to enter into digital ic design field by getting some training in extension campuses of the universities. But I am little confused with what kind of courses I need to be taking. I am interested to design circuits at the transistor level and do the simulation of the output. Please suggestion what kind of jobs I should be focusing on. I see that extension campuses offer some courses in VHDL and Verilog. Will they help me in getting the job that I wish to get into? Please suggest. Also please suggest any institutes in USA which offer training in digital design.

Thanks in advance,
Joseph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back