Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Removing Norton Antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masslave

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My mother was on her laptop one day, and she had several pop ups, and she thinks she accidentally accepted one of the pop ups. Now when she turns on her computer, Norton Antivirus pops up and it will not let her do anything, it won't let her open Word, Excel, Explorer ... nothing.

Anything we can do to remedy that? Remove Norton? When i looked at it (grant it i don't know much of anything), it acted as if it had a virus.

The problem is likely not Norton itself but more likely some adware/malware that has infected the PC.

Download and run a scan using Malwarebytes to clean the system. The free version will scan and clean the system of most infections. The paid version gives realtime protection against future infections if you wish to purchase it but to perform a manual scan for current infections you do not need to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back