Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote Switching for a PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

graeme_cunningham

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am quantifying the characteristics and performance of a device that includes a photodiode.

Currently my set up involves the photocurrent generated by a photodiode going into a pre-amplifier and then additional signal processing elements.

My new experiment involves the use of low current ammeter. The meter is different from a normal ammeter in that it sinks the current rather than being a low impendence element in series in the circuit. I need to be able to switch between the photocurrent flowing into pre amplifier and flowing into the ammeter.

Obviously I could add a switch to the PCB, however(for reasons I won’t go into) I can’t access the board during the test. There is however cable coming off the PCB.

I am thinking of using a miniature PCB single pole double throw relay, which I could activate remotely. Does this sound like a good idea or can anyone suggest a better solution. Can anyone recommend a suitable component as I do not have any experience in their use.

My main design restriction is that I want to minimise noise as much as I can. I will be measuring current in the 1-100nA range. Many Thanks in advance.

Graeme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back