Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote Server in Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalaitrigger

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai friends happy new year ..:lol: in our consern we install 150 system in linux os but we need to execute some erp modules in windows so we plan to desired placed common windows server and all the users can share it ...:razz: if it is possible remote server in Ubuntu 10.04.:?:

Hai friends happy new year ..:lol: in our consern we install 150 system in linux os but we need to execute some erp modules in windows so we plan to desired placed common windows server and all the users can share it ...:razz: if it is possible remote server in Ubuntu 10.04.:?:

There are 2 alternatives for you.
1) Check if wine can handle your ERP .
2) create a Virtual machine and install a actual Windows server, Sothat you avoid a New hardware.
and install your ERP on Windows.
I am sure Ubuntu has VM capability. so only thing you have to check is you have to select a Machine with PAE enabled CPU.
Atleast a Dualcore and 2GB of ram 500GB HDD.
On this machine install Linux as server, while installing select Virtualization enabled.
When you finished instalation, Create a VM using Your VM manager GUI. Install Windows then Install ERP

Hope this will solve your concern.

hai thanks for your kind information .. This is very helpful to me .. but it is suitable for server only but the user they have only 1Gb , intel atom processor if i need to change all users specification to 2GB ram with intel Dual core means its too cost...and also i am installing wine means it will not support properly because some data communication with server and users dead slow.. is any other way...?

hai thanks for your kind information .. This is very helpful to me .. but it is suitable for server only but the user they have only 1Gb , intel atom processor if i need to change all users specification to 2GB ram with intel Dual core means its too cost...and also i am installing wine means it will not support properly because some data communication with server and users dead slow.. is any other way...?

Hi Kalaitrigger,
You I did not mean you should install VM on all machines or desktops.
You have 150 desktops for your organization, right???
1) what you can do is instead of upgrading all the system, use only one system, upgrade it to 2GB and DUAL/QUAD core.
2) Then install Windows in a VM. on the upgraded system
3) install ERP on the VM.
4) as the VM is independent it will have its own IP even if it shares the same Ethernet hardware.
5) you can use IP of the VM for accessing from all other desktops.

Hope this solves your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.