Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote frame in CAN bus....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emb4U

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In remote frame means one node will send the request for knowing about the status of another node. then that node will send a remote frame.
My question is in that CAN Remote frame the node sends whose identifier in frame ?

Means if he send sender's ID then why and recievers ID then why ?

Kindly suggest me some answar.

Means if he send sender's ID then why and recievers ID then why ?
CAN IDs are neither sender nor receiver IDs. They are message IDs. It's a matter of application layer to associate specific IDs with stations.

Example:
In a CAN application, ID 1234 has been assigned to the status of station A (e.g. setpoint, speed and error state of a VFD inverter). Station A might either send an ID 1234 message repeatedly, or after a remote message with ID 1234.

Last edited:

Dear FVM sir just think that there is 4 nodes in a CAN bus.(node A, B,C,D)

If node A want to know the status of node C.

If node A sends the message ID of node C through remote frame then how will node C know that which node sends a request to know the status of node C.

Kindly help me..

how will node C know that which node sends a request to know the status of node C.
Node C don't need to know. Just answers the remote frame.

Node C don't need to know. Just answers the remote frame.
If it happens then node C sends data on whose ID as the answar of remote frame.

Help me please

What do you mean with "whos ID"? IDs are assigned to specific messages, not nodes. See my example in post #2.

Send a remote message with ID 1234, get an answer with the same ID.

Sorry SIr,, I understood completely.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back