Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote door lock project circuit diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

rimshiv

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
computer engineering projects rimshiv

Hi,

I am in my final year of computer engineering and this year me and my team need to decide to work on a project related to our field. We brainstormed many ideas and finally decided (best one so far.. could change if another interesting idea pops up) that we would like to work on locking and unlocking doors remotely (distance doesn't matter.. we were thinking about having the security thing online and so a person could access it anywhere from the world). Basically we came up with this idea as we thought that people would want to make sure that all the doors are locked if no one is in the house and some doors are locked if a child is there alone, and those persons can then go online from anywhere in the world and then check which doors are locked and unlocked and can also lock/unlock them remotely (if possible).

I was wondering if anyone had any experience on working with a related project and would be willing to give some pointers regarding how we should go about achieving this. Also if someone knows another interesting topic related to networking/ micro - controllers (computer engineering in general) then feel free to suggest one. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

door lock project

That's a fairly common application. Your door lock/monitor device would have a connection to the internet. It could be Ethernet-based or Cellular (GSM) based. People would connect to it using a web browser.

rimshiv

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
doorlock project

Thanks for the reply. We talked with our proff and he also said that door locking is a common application and after some work you should be able to do it. Hence, he said along with door locking you should think of more applications, for example we could have a security thing on our doors such that if the door opens then the user gets alerted on the cell and is able to get still pictures or something. We are still deciding about what other features would go along with this. Can anyone suggest any other features with this and/or how to approach this issue?

Thanks

Re: Remote door lock project

Here you are some ideas, hope you find them useful:
1- Use "Finger Prints" for opening and closing the doors.
2- Use a camera and image processing to identify the person who wants to get in.
3- Use "Brain Control" system. I mean, make the user opens or closes the door with his brain.
4- In case a violation happened, the camera and take a snap shot and send it you on your cell phone.

Hope these are useful.
Good luck.

rimshiv

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

We decided to not go in-depth into identity. We will use motion detectors and stuff to prevent any1 from entering while no one is in the house. We decided on doing - remote door locks, motion / visual detecting (still deciding what kind of detecting would be good; infrared not good as need to install in too many places); and remote in-house temperature change(so turning AC/heat on remotely). The main thing in this project is connectivity. We are at the moment in the phase of deciding how we are going to connect all these features together and how users will access it remotely. We will need to create apps for the phone and bring the security online so that the user can access it remotely. Can anyone direct me in the right direction for the remote;y accessing issue and how we connect all these systems together?

Thanks

Remote door lock project

You have to decide first what systems you are going to use then, find out how you will connect them together.

All we know sa far is that we are using:
1. Door locking remotely
2. motion detector sensing
3. temperature control
4. Lights control

All of them are connected to access remotely via web and through iPhone. Building each single component will take some time but the hard part is the remote connection part. How do we build such that each component can be accessed remotely? Any books or something we could read?

actually, remote connection is your easy part. The electro mechanics of door locking/unlocking will be the hard part, unless you've got the funds to purchase rather pricey items.

We do have funds of upto $1000 to invest on any part of the project.

what then have you choosen for the lock/unlock mechanisms, what is your remaining budget, and what drive power do the mechanisms require?

You would be best served by diagramming a flow chart that shows how your system is laid out, both in a physical/device sense, as well as in a logical sense.

I assume your user will access a protected webpage that will allow them to select some area of control. This page will likely then have plug ins to provide extended functionality.

Will the hardware at the home communicate with the end user, or will it pass through some monitoring server? What happens if power or connection goes out? What happens if the device stops responding? If your operating a heatpump or heater, how is control maintained?

If your operating lighting, how is it switched, zoned or individual, with what mechanism.

Or are all endpoints just hypothetical? If so, you're just basically going to construct a webpage simulating remote control having the controller turn leds off/on to simulate endpoints?

There are plenty of embedded servers out there, running on many different micro cores. You should be able to price one in around $75 or better. From there it's a matter of passing data back and forth as commands, data, responses.

My project topic is SMS controlled electronic door lock too. Please I need help on the complete circuit diagram so as to aid me during design and construction.

Hi,

Please check out this circuit, its just for you:

**broken link removed**

Thanks,

Swagatam

I think you have not gone through the entire article.

The circuit is totally FOOLPROOF, and will respond only to the particular, assigned numbers (owner's).

Regards.

Added after 4 minutes:

Hi Folks,

Also, please check out this HOT circuit, it has been perfectly tested and verified by me.

**broken link removed**

Please read the whole article before commenting.

Regards.

ok ok how to assign fixed incoming calls(numbers) i don't get idea from your link
but you mentioned this line

Any quantity of phone numbers may be assigned into the system’s cell phone so that it responds and can be operated only through these numbers.
but how from cell phone setting ?

Added after 5 minutes:

you are a genius don't think others are your level may be just below you my brother

Please read the whole article, I have explained there everything in details.

If you have any further doubts, you may respond in the comment section of the article.

Regards.

Hi RIMSHIV,

I have seen all the circuits which the members have posted here. The last ciruit is quiet good and i dont know whether it would be accepted as a final year project or not.
There are many ways to build a such security system. One is the circuit posted here. Second by using DTMF technique and third by using the SMS technique or you can also use mobile GPRS to do the same job but so much difficult. Now its up to you which technique you want to use. First decide the technique then we will move forward.

Thanks

Swagatam said:
I think you have not gone through the entire article.

The circuit is totally FOOLPROOF, and will respond only to the particular, assigned numbers (owner's).

Regards.

Added after 4 minutes:

Hi Folks,

Also, please check out this HOT circuit, it has been perfectly tested and verified by me.

**broken link removed**

Please read the whole article before commenting.

Regards.

i read only first page only sorry for that this is coolest project that i have ever seen using mobile phone cheap and best i'll make one for my bike thanks a lot

Build it in a step wise manner, first go for the tone amplifier circuit, next - the flip flop circuit and finally the relay drivers...

Good Luck,

This circuit is working as a "cell phone controlled door security lock" in one of the jewelers shop since last 6 months, and the owner is too happy with the performance of the device.

Regards.

Just like at home, are the two main reasons why you need acute Atlanta locksmith services due to be locked and a burglary. The differences are mainly in the types of security systems that are used. Locksmith you call must be familiar with security systems business. If there was a burglary, they should be able to analyze the system to find if there is damage fault or system failure. They will then be able to resolve the problem before it is locked again.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.