Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote controlled ON/OFF switch for home built Streamer/DAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKARL

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm assembling a case that will include an Audio Streamer and a self-built Linear Power Supply. I would like to power up the unit by a momentary bush button switch (of the type that has a built in LED ring). But I also like to power up the unit from an IR or radio frequency remote control.

Ideally (but not mandatory) I like to use an already existing remote control to control the unit ON or OFF but a dedicated single button remote is fine as well.

I'm looking for a schematic solution for this or maybe there are already existing parts to facilitate the functions. I have looked around a lot but can't find anything suitable. I welcome any suggestions I could get.

I suppose your remote control sends a momentary signal similar to a momentary push button? Causing the unit to turn on and stay on? (And the next momentary signal turns it off.)

You can install the push button in parallel to the circuit (or component) which is activated by the remote control. Of course you may need to put in one or two additional components to assist operation. Example, a series resistor, or logic gate, etc.

Can you specify whether the remote control has a single button (push On push Off)? Then receiving unit contains a toggle switch of some kind.

Or do you press one button for On, and another button for Off? Then the receiving unit has a memory cell of some kind.

Hi,

There are ready to buy RF remote switches.
There switches with ethernet interface.
There are a lot of IR remote applications. Switching a LED or a relay shouldn't be a problem.
There are a lot of ESP-xx applications, using WiFi, Bluetooth...

If you know what you are looking for, an internet search should be successful within one minute.

Klaus

I suppose your remote control sends a momentary signal similar to a momentary push button? Causing the unit to turn on and stay on? (And the next momentary signal turns it off.)

You can install the push button in parallel to the circuit (or component) which is activated by the remote control. Of course you may need to put in one or two additional components to assist operation. Example, a series resistor, or logic gate, etc.

Can you specify whether the remote control has a single button (push On push Off)? Then receiving unit contains a toggle switch of some kind.

Or do you press one button for On, and another button for Off? Then the receiving unit has a memory cell of some kind.

I would like to use a remote that has a momentary signal like a momentary pushbutton as you mention above. I do not have the remote control yet so I will be looking for a suitable one as part of this project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back